MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers. Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
Job Title: Capital Projects Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 12 years
Job Field: Engineering / Technical , Project Management
Job Type: Permanent
- This function is responsible for the management of all capital projects, ensuring that they meet the quality standards set, are delivered on time, within budget and allocated resources.
- The Capital Projects Manager will also manage the vendors and partners involved in projects, ensuring all projects are executed to meet the business objectives and strategic intent of Main One.
Other responsibilities include to:
- Provide project management leadership for Capital Projects, promoting best practice in Project Management and ensuring assigned projects are delivered to agreed specifications, timelines and approved budget
- Manage the implementation of Data Centers and capital projects/programmes, ensuring projects are being delivered effectively and most efficiently.
- Analyze potential project risks as well as barriers and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely avoidance/ resolution.
- Manage Work Breakdown Structure and detailed project management documentations, including milestones and responsibilities share on all Capital Projects.
- Develop processes and work standards required for the implementation of capital projects and monitor compliance to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all Capital Projects departmental processes, keeping custody of all Departmental Process documents
- Guide the Technical team’s capital expenditure for the company in line with the strategic plan and report on the CAPEX spend on Capital projects, ensuring consideration of financial and technical tradeoffs as well as compliance with all fiscal and regulatory parameters.
- Perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including budget preparation and obtaining necessary approvals for all capital projects.
- Monitor the budget for capital projects; oversee their financial effectiveness by exercising cost control measures, motivating for budget enhancements when required.
- Monitor and administer the relevant contracts and agreements for each project.
- Measure the delivery of the Technical key performance indicators (KPIs) especially as it relates to the capital projects.
- Ensure proper storage of all project information/documents in the required format and at designated location.
- Prepare reports and presentations on all capital projects as may be required from time to time by the Management.