Job Title: Agronomist (Ref: DDG-R4D/A/04/14)
Employer: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Background: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of Agronomist.
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical regions of the world. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. Please visithttp://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
The tasks of the Agronomist will include:
• Conduction and management of field trials on maize, tomato, cabbage and pepper.
• Collation and analyses of data from field experiments.
• Preparation of work plans and progress reports.
• Perform any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Educational Qualifications: The candidate should have an MSC in Plant Breeding, Agronomy, Pathology and any related field.
• Strong knowledge of plant health.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience with maize and vegetables.
• Good skills in MS Office and general knowledge of computers.
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
• Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Be available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary.
Duty station: Kano, Nigeria.
General information: Initial appointment is for three years. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
Apply to this job